Manually add a missing home to your prayer list
When your prayer list is initially created, we assign the closest
40 homes to your address to get started. However, you can easily add
nearby homes if there are specific homes you are wanting to be on your
prayer list. This article gives instructions for how to manually add a missing home to your prayer list. This is not the easiest or quickest way to add homes and should only be used if you have first tried following the instructions in this article:
- Add homes to your prayer list
Here is an example of when you would want to use these instructions:
The following screenshot shows a map that has the 'Add new homes' overlay activated (described in the linked article above). You can tell
this because the black and white home icons indicate which homes are available to be added are present on the map. However, the underlying map
image shows the silhouette of a home where we do not have a home icon to
add (shown in the red box). This is an address that we do not have in
our system and you should use the instructions in this article to try to
Also, if you are wanting add or change the names of residents of a home (unique address) that already exists on your prayer list, see this article instead:
- Edit names on your prayer list
To begin, make
sure you are viewing the account role you are wanting to customize.
Most users only have one role. Clicking this link will take you to the
dashboard of your most recently used account role:
If you aren't sure and you want to view and select from all of your account roles, click this link:
- From the 'Dashboard' of your Light role, select the 'Prayer list' icon from the yellow navigation bar at the top of the page.
- At the top-right of your current list, click the 'add more' icon. This icon can also be found in the 'Prayer List' section of your 'Settings' page.
- On the resulting page, fill out the form with the address of the home you are wanting to add. 'Precise street address' and 'Zip code' are the only fields that are required, but entering more information may help locate the address in some cases. When done, click 'Add home'.
- If the address you entered exists in our database, it will be added to your prayer list and prayer map. If we don't have the address in our database, we will send the information to Google Maps using their API. If the location of the address is available to us through the Google Maps API, we will get the location and the home will be added to your prayer list and prayer map. In either case, you will know that the home as been successfully added to your map if you are taken to your 'Prayer list' page and shown the new home.
- If the address you entered can not be located by either our system OR the Google Maps API, You will see the following error message:
- From here, you have 3 options:
- Select 'Go back' to return to the address entry field. Double-check that everything is entered correctly. Add missing information or remove information that may be causing an issue. For example, there are instances where Google Maps may list a different city than what you know your city to be. It is important to use what will be easily located by either our system or Google Maps. If you would like to try to troubleshoot an issue on your own, you can try using the Google Maps API address validation tool to see what might be causing an issue.
- Select 'Add' to access a detailed form where you can manually enter all of the necessary information to permanently add your address to our database.
- Return to the 'Add more' page by selecting 'Go back' and use the 'Other address' option instead of the 'US address' option to manually add a name. Instructions for this can be found in the section below.
NOTE: Addresses can be tricky, especially those of newer construction. If you are having trouble, feel free to submit a help ticket and we will try out best to assist you in getting homes added correctly.
If you don't know the address, have an issue with adding an address that our system can't locate, want to add the names of people from a different country, or just want to enter a name without an address, select the 'Other address' box at the top of the page 'Add more' page.
- Enter the name that you want to appear on your prayer list in the first field. In the second field, enter any text that you can use to identify where the home is. For example, you could enter a city, state, or country. Click 'Add home' to add that record to your prayer list.
- If you use this option, the home will
appear on your prayer list but it will not appear on your prayer map.
NOTE: A home that could not be located or one that was added using the 'Other address' option will be a completely manual record. This means that no other users will receive that information on their prayer list and it will not benefit from receiving updated information from our data supplier or other users.
Add homes to your prayer list
When your prayer list is initially created, we assign the closest 40 homes to your address to get started. However, you can easily add nearby homes if there are specific homes you are wanting to be on your prayer list. This article walks through how ...
Remove homes from your prayer list
In almost every case, once a home is on your prayer list, it will remain on your list until you take action to remove it. This article explains how to remove a home from your prayer list. To get started, be sure you are signed in to your account on ...
Update your current home address
To edit or change your Light role's address follow the instructions below: First, make sure you are logged into your account and viewing the Light role that you would like to change. Click the 'SETTINGS' tab in the top-right corner of the page. ...
How to create a prayer list for a church member that doesn't use the Internet.
In the event that one of your church members does not use the Internet but still wants to pray for their neighbors, you can create a prayer list for this person. To do so, use the following steps: Navigate to our 'Account' page. If your account only ...
Create an additional prayer list
There are many reasons that you may want to adopt more homes. It is possible to create an entirely separate prayer list within your account. Before we get to that, here are some relevant articles that may help you accomplish your goals without ...