While we give you the best information we can for your prayer list, there will likely be some inaccuracies. This article explains how to make corrections to the names that appear in the homes on your prayer list. This includes the following types of edits:
- Correct the spelling of a first or last name
- Completely remove one or more of the names because they do not live in the residence (passed away, moved away, never lived there)
- Add a missing name to an existing family
- Add an entirely new family
To begin, make
sure you are viewing the account role you are wanting to customize.
Most users only have one role. Clicking this link will take you to the
dashboard of your most recently used account role:
If you aren't sure and you want to view and select from all of your account roles, click this link:
Once you are viewing the dashboard of your account's Light role, you can select either the 'Prayer map' or 'Prayer list' page on the yellow navigational bar at the top of the page. These instructions will outline the process from the 'Prayer map' page, but the steps are almost the same for both pages.
- Select the 'Prayer map' icon.
- Click the home you are wanting to change so that its info-box opens.
- Select the 'edit' icon.
- Scroll down to the 'Public database' section and click the 'CORRECT' button.
- Before you will be allowed to make edits, you will need to agree that you understand that all information you are entering can be seen by other users and that the information you are entering is correct. Check the box next to 'I understand' to unlock the home and submit edits. This will unlock the home.
- Once the home is unlocked, you will be able to select from multiple different editing options. The option you should choose depends on the situation. Here is a description of the options:
Correct a spelling mistake or edit the given names of family members.
Use this option to change any of the current names of the existing family name that is shown at the top of the box. Here are some reasons why you would want to choose this option:
- If you need to correct the spelling of any of the first names or the last name for the listed family
- If the family listing is currently missing someone who shares the same last name as the currently listed family and there is only currently one first name present for that family
- If there are two first names on the family and one if them is no longer present.
Indicate that this family is no longer present at this address.
Use this option to remove the entire family. This should be used if all of the names listed on that card are no longer present. An example of this would be if the listed family has moved away.
Add a new family to this address.
Use this option when you would like to add the information of a person or persons that has a different last name than the currently listed residents, if any. This box will always be at the end of the current list of families for every home.
- Each card can only contain one last name. If two family members have different last names, they will need to be entered as a separate family using the "Add a new family to this address" option. Likewise, if there is a third person with the same last name, they would need to be added as a separate family within the home.
- If all families have been removed by you, another user, or our data supplier, the home will be listed as "Unknown Resident" on your prayer list. The home will be automatically updated and populated with information immediately if you, another user, or our data supplier adds that information.
- A different user can submit changes to a home you have already changed. Currently, the most recent change will be shown to all users.
- Our internal records tie the update you submit with your user ID so we will be able to revert changes if we detect abuse of these tools.
Add homes to your prayer list
When your prayer list is initially created, we assign the closest 40 homes to your address to get started. However, you can easily add nearby homes if there are specific homes you are wanting to be on your prayer list. This article walks through how ...
Remove homes from your prayer list
In almost every case, once a home is on your prayer list, it will remain on your list until you take action to remove it. This article explains how to remove a home from your prayer list. To get started, be sure you are signed in to your account on ...
I finished my prayer list. Can I get a list of new names?
This ministry is meant to be an ongoing movement of a Pray, Care, Share lifestyle for households right around your own home. As you continue to highlight your journey with your neighbors, ask God to show you whom He would like you to personally reach ...
Change which days you receive prayer reminder emails
BlessEveryHome.com offers you the convenience of scheduling which days you would like to receive an email reminder of your next 5 neighbors to pray for and engage through a Pray, Care, Share lifestyle. The default days to receive these emails is all ...
Manually add a missing home to your prayer list
When your prayer list is initially created, we assign the closest 40 homes to your address to get started. However, you can easily add nearby homes if there are specific homes you are wanting to be on your prayer list. This article gives instructions ...