Adjust the location of an incorrectly placed home
The homes that automatically appear on your prayer list come from our nationwide database of homes. As is the case with any type of large data set such as this, there are bound to be inaccuracies here and there. This article specifically addresses instances where the home itself is correct, but the placement of the home on the map is incorrect. If you are wanting to edit the information of a home on your prayer list, please see this article instead:
If there are homes on your MAP page that you believe are not shown at the correct location, you can easily adjust the placement of these homes using the following instructions.
- Log into your account.
- Click on the 'MAP', at top of the page on the yellow navigational ribbon.
- Click the incorrectly placed neighbor icon of the home that you are wanting to relocate so the infobox opens.
- On the infobox that appears for that home, click the 'move' icon in the bottom-left corner.
- This will cause the neighbor icon to be surrounded by green arrows which indicates that the icon is ready to be moved to the correct location.
- Click and drag the icon to the correct location. If using a mouse, click the left mouse button and leave the button depressed while moving the icon. If performing this action on a mobile device with a touchscreen, tap and hold the icon with your finger or stylus and move the icon without lifting your finger or stylus. Once you start moving the icon, you will see an 'X' appear at the bottom of the shape. Place the center of this 'X' on the center of the home silhouette (if one is present) on the map. You may find that it is better to zoom in on your map so that you can more accurately place the icon.
- When you release the icon, a message will appear in a box below the icon which asks to confirm the location. If the location is correct, click the 'save' icon near the bottom of the box. If you need to make any adjustments to the location before saving, simply click and drag the icon as before.
Once you have saved, the icon will be permanently moved.
See the animation below for a quick look at the entire process.
- Moving a home affects all users who currently have or will ever have that home on their prayer list. Please be sure that the location is correct.
- If you are moving a neighbor icon and there are multiple households at the same address, all homes at that address will automatically move to your new location once you have saved the new location. You will not need to move them individually.
- If a neighbor icon still has the green arrows surrounding it, the location has not been saved. It is possible to move a different icon before saving the first.
- If you leave or refresh the page while the green arrows are still surrounding the icon, the new location will not be saved and the icon will appear at its previous location.
- There are limits in place to prevent users from abusing this feature, but those limits should never be met under normal use.
Manually add a missing home to your prayer list
When your prayer list is initially created, we assign the closest 40 homes to your address to get started. However, you can easily add nearby homes if there are specific homes you are wanting to be on your prayer list. This article gives instructions ...
Update your current home address
To edit or change your Light role's address follow the instructions below: First, make sure you are logged into your account and viewing the Light role that you would like to change. Click the 'SETTINGS' tab in the top-right corner of the page. ...
Add Blesseveryhome.com to your iPhone's home screen using Safari
If you regularly access Blesseveryhome.com on your iPhone using the Safari web browser, you may find it useful to add a bookmark to your phone's home screen. Note: Due to differences in device and software versions, you may find small cosmetic ...
Add homes to your prayer list
When your prayer list is initially created, we assign the closest 40 homes to your address to get started. However, you can easily add nearby homes if there are specific homes you are wanting to be on your prayer list. This article walks through how ...
Remove homes from your prayer list
In almost every case, once a home is on your prayer list, it will remain on your list until you take action to remove it. This article explains how to remove a home from your prayer list. To get started, be sure you are signed in to your account on ...